If you’re significantly overweight and want to make a lifestyle change, you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery at Mexico Bariatrics.
Are you A Weight Loss Surgery Candidate?
Investigation supports the benefits of weight loss surgery for those with a BMI between 35 and 39.9 with obesity related health conditions such as type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis and other obesity related conditions.
You could be a candidate for bariatric surgery if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are more than 100 lbs. over your ideal body weight.
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of over 40.
- You have a BMI of over 35 and are experiencing severe negative health effects, such as high blood pressure or diabetes, related to being severely overweight.
- You are unable to achieve a healthy body weight for a sustained period of time, even through medically-supervised dieting.
Have you Explored Other Treatments for Obesity?
If you’re convinced that further attempts at losing weight on your own will be unsuccessful, professional help could be the answer.
You should work with your bariatric doctors and their team to set realistic post-surgery goals. You should also gain a solid understanding of the changes you’ll experience during life after weight loss surgery.
In general, here’s what to expect…
- Depending on the type of bariatric surgery you choose, the typical patient can expect to lose anywhere from 25% to 80%+ of their excess weight.
As a guideline, your initial goal should be to get your body mass index BMI below 30.
A BMI of 25 is possible, but 30 should be the real target as that’s where many of the obesity-related health conditions begin to show significant improvement.